Menu

Is Apologia Physics short on topics?

I have Apologia Physics. What topics, if any, are missing from Apologia Physics (not the advanced course) that you think should be covered in physics? We aren't aiming for the AP exam, just want to make it a little more challenging. Maybe I need depth/bredth rather than extra topics?

Thanks in advance

Apologia doesn't touch on any fluid mechanics topics nor any thermodynamics topics. While it covers optics in a conceptual way, it doesn't teach the equations which allow one to calculate image size and location.

HTH

That said, it is an accessible book and is a good introduction to physics.

I didn't take physics in high school (physicist Dad said not to bother), and ended up working in that field for 15 years before children. My math background allowed me to do that.

Thank you both! I now know where to start if I decide to add to Apologia. I believe you GVA, my oldest used aplogia a few years ago and did VERY well in his college physics course last semester. He said the background knowledge he gained from apologia helped him. His strong strong math skills probably helped even more.