Menu

Has anyone seen Disney's African Cats?

DD7 is really into animal documentaries and I think she'd like to see this. However, we own the Planet Earth DVD's and have not made our way all the way through those yet. I know that Disney's other two nature films, Earth and Oceans, pulled a lot of footage from the Planet Earth series. Does anyone know if African Cats does the same? I read on a blog that they created their own footage for this, but it was just some random blog so I'm not sure of the accuracy.

Thanks!

I took the kids to see it an we enjoyed. Let me preface that by saying we hardly go to the movies and are fairly strict what we watch. I didn't think there was think inapproriate; no mating or killing scences and no political agenda about global warming or anything. It was a fun Outting for us.

DD7 is really into animal documentaries and I think she'd like to see this. However, we own the Planet Earth DVD's and have not made our way all the way through those yet. I know that Disney's other two nature films, Earth and Oceans, pulled a lot of footage from the Planet Earth series. Does anyone know if African Cats does the same? I read on a blog that they created their own footage for this, but it was just some random blog so I'm not sure of the accuracy.

Thanks!

I took my 11 yo to see this about 2 weeks ago. Gee, it was shot on location in Africa. It is "live action" not animated. It was very interesting. It focused on 2 lion prides and 2 families of cheetas. I don't know if footage was taken from Planet Earth series. But, it was on location. HTH.

FYI....while it does not show the "act of killing" it does show predator on the hunt, prowl, chase for prey. And, indeed, it does show animals (preys) being "taken down". I do believe a time or two it actually did show predators eating the prey....I can't remember how "obvious" it was, but it was shown literally.

Edited by sheryl