Menu

Megawords Users . . . .

kandty

I got this last week and quickly looked and read through it and I am confused! Maybe I just need to take more time with it. My question is, what do you daily lessons look like? I am a visual person and hearing how a lesson goes would be helpful in my understanding. ;)

I used Megawords last year and am looking at next year's books. I just open and follow the directions. Some of the directions are in the TE for the dictation. Make sure you read the information in the very front about fluency speed and accuracy if that is important to you.

I would go back and spend a little bit of time reading a few of the lessons. You may have just gone through it too quickly and the second time through will clear things up.

My 9 yro is in Megawords 1 right now. She just works through one page a day. When we start a new spelling list (which is like 75 words :D), I just have her read through the list for me and she looks up any words she doesn't know. At the end of the "lesson" (when the book moves into a new list), I give her 20 words out of the old list and she spells them for me...just to make sure she knows what she's doing.

My 9 yro is in Megawords 1 right now. She just works through one page a day. When we start a new spelling list (which is like 75 words :D), I just have her read through the list for me and she looks up any words she doesn't know. At the end of the "lesson" (when the book moves into a new list), I give her 20 words out of the old list and she spells them for me...just to make sure she knows what she's doing.

A page a day, that is what I was needing to hear. :001_smile: I wasn't sure how long to spend on each list. Thank you!