Menu

Just cancelled my order for "Discovering Music". . .

I was thrilled to find Discovering Music at a discount on the CBD website weeks ago when I was ordering curriculum. However, it turned out to be on backorder and the expected date kept getting pushed back and back. I finally decided to cancel and pay full price on the author's website. I hope it's worth it!

Pegasus

If it's this curriculum, I saw the author present at a conference this year. She reminded me of my college lecturers who I really enjoyed, so I bought the materials as a splurge.

The CDs are good. She said the licensing to get the CDs made was where the bulk of the cost was.

We watched the first video.

It's okay. I think later ones will be better.

The textbook is too advanced for my son at his age, but it has a ton of websites for additional information, vocabulary pages where terms are defined, and a worksheet for each episode as a viewing guide that students can fill out as they watch.

Sounds like the American arts course is also out now.

I was thrilled to find Discovering Music at a discount on the CBD website weeks ago when I was ordering curriculum. However, it turned out to be on backorder and the expected date kept getting pushed back and back. I finally decided to cancel and pay full price on the author's website. I hope it's worth it!

Pegasus

I work very part-time for the author on materials related to this project (including some suggested lesson plans soon, we hope); she was my master's thesis advisor at Southern Methodist University. I looked into this, and it seems there's been a mix-up. They have never received any orders from CBD nor entered into any deal for CBD to carry their course. It was never on backorder. CBD apparently offered it by mistake.

I will add that I believe it won't disappoint. Personally, I enjoy most Units 4 and on -- the chronological units, so to speak. I hope it suits your needs!