Menu

Managers of their.......

Does anyone have experience with the titus 2 products? I loved Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit and want to look into Managers of their Homes, schools, chores etc...

BUT at $25 each, I am forced to choose. Do they cover similar things? I kind of wish it was one combined book or is the homes one combined?

Also, I am clueless in assigning chores, as my mother pretty much did everything for us, so I am seriously considering that one, but does managers of their schools include the same materials. I do need to get myself more organized for school and home also, but I cannot even imagine putting us on shedule of rigid 30minute blocks. Is it more flexible than this?

Any imputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edited by MyLittleBears

They are very different from each other. I have all three and have benefitted from each of them. MOTH gave a lot of details on the nitty gritty of designing a schedule and it helped me with setting up our schedule, which has in turn transformed our days. MOTS shares their perspective of using textbooks for homeschooling and the details of how to implement them. Although scheduling and homeschooling go hand in hand, I didn't find there was a lot of overlap between the two books, except that both books have sample schedules in the appendix. MOTC sounds just like what you'd like. I'm in the same boat as you - clueless, due to a mother who did everything for us. I needed the MOTC book!! It was perfect for me to learn how to start from scratch with assigning chores. My children (8yo ds and 4yo dd) love their chore packs and eagerly do their chores. :001_smile: If you only want to purchase one book right now, from your description, I would recommend the MOTC book.

As far as rigidity, they do recommend 1/2 hour or hour blocks, but I find you can adjust your schedule as best meets your needs. For us, it actually has worked well to have a schedule with 30-60 minute blocks, as my children have thrived with the structure, knowing what to do when and knowing our routine. I learned the hard way, however, to add in buffer time. For instance, if I know my ds's math might take him 15-20 minutes, I'll schedule it for 1/2 hour. That extra time, woven throughout the day, has allowed our schedule to be a helpful tool, rather than a noose around our neck. HTH!

Edited by daybreaking
Addendum

I have Chores and Homes and read Schools. Like with anything in the homeschooling market, take what you love and leave the rest.

Managers of Their Homes is based on a pretty rigid schedule, however, if you know your family and it doesn't operate in 15 min. segments, then the tips of how to structure a flow to your day will be helpful, just toss out the notion that it has to happen in 15min. segments.

Each book is pretty exclusive from the other...while there may be separate schedule examples in the Chores book or the Schools book, you won't know how to put that together without the Homes book.

I have only read MOTH and I think that would be a great starting point and add on when you have the money. Scheduling chores comes easy for me, so I don't need that book, but I felt MOTH did bring that up. Good luck! I am still working on my schedule, but we should be able to do it 100% next week. We have some stuff that has interupted but those are gone next week.