Menu

Potter's School Starting Points - reviews?

I've got my dd signed up for Starting Points at TPS and I am looking for feedback on the class. It is one of the classical track first year courses (though we are not CT). I'm interested in hearing about the workload, as well as how your student felt about the course overall. Thanks for any help you could give!

Sandra,

I have not used Starting Points with Potter's School, but I did want to say that my ds and I are working through this curriculum together right now and we are both loving it. I think the curriclum is demanding in that it really makes the student think. It does an excellent job at developing a world view. I think it would be wonderful to take this in a class setting, where you could have discussions with others. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully someone who has used the online class will chime in :).

Thanks, Michelle! It is great to hear you are enjoying Starting Points and learning so much. Your description is exactly what we are looking for - to learn to question/think about hard topics and to develop a Biblical worldview. :)

Anyone take it with Potter's School?

Hi, I'm new around here but I just had to respond :) I'm a homeschool grad and a rising college senior.

I did Starting Points on my own in 8th grade, but I took three years of Composition and Rhetoric from Mrs. Howat, the TPS Starting Points instructor. I live in her city and had the classes live from her. She is an excellent teacher who had a definite impact on my life. She will stretch your students without discouraging them.

Hope that helps!

Hi, I'm new around here but I just had to respond :) I'm a homeschool grad and a rising college senior.

I did Starting Points on my own in 8th grade, but I took three years of Composition and Rhetoric from Mrs. Howat, the TPS Starting Points instructor. I live in her city and had the classes live from her. She is an excellent teacher who had a definite impact on my life. She will stretch your students without discouraging them.

Hope that helps!

Wow! Thanks for posting!

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for the feedback! Unfortunately, I think we are going to pull out of the SP class for next year - my dd's schedule is just too full. However, I am definitely keeping the class on my list for future years.

Thanks again everyone!