Menu

Cross-post: MUS and TT at the same time?!?!

I'm cross posting this from the K-8 board. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Would I be crazy to use Math U See PreAlgebra at the same time as Teaching Textbooks PreAlgebra? I'm thinking of doing 1 day of MUS with me, then independently the rest of the week, and then 4 days of TT.

My ds13 is dyslexic and really needs a bit more time with concepts before moving on, but he also needs a lot of review.

I have always had him (and his sisters) do at least 2 other supplemental math things, so the workload wouldn't be new. I would drop the extra math activities.

Is this crazy?!?! Would the two mesh together well, or maybe clash too much? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Gayle

My daughter is using TT Geometry and will then do a more difficult geometry afterward.

She is also using TT Algebra 2 (this is because she's going to take the PSAT in October and must make a good grade, so she's doing lots and lots of Algebra 1 review as well as some intro to Algebra 2). She will do a more difficult Algebra 2 afterward as well.

I wouldn't want to use two "easy" programs for the same subject. I think an easy and then a more challenging one is the right combination.