Menu

Calling all Memory Masters

This is how dd and I did it...

Before CC starts I make up a folder for each week. I put in all the memory work for that week from the powerpoint cd.

I also go to iTunes and make a playlist for each week, using the Weeks on the other cd. For example, week 3's playlist looks like this:

Week 3

Week 3

Week 3

Week 2

Week 2

Week 1

So each new week we go over 3 times, review the past week twice, and the week before that once. We listen to that in the car 4 times a week and dd looked at the folder for the new week while listening, until she got it.

While CC is in session, we go over memory work after breakfast. This ends up taking about 45 minutes. ALL the kids sit at the table and color. I take my flashcards and go over the last 4 weeks for each subject. All can answer, but I always made sure dd knew it.

We did a full review of all the memory work once a week (usually in the car).

We learn the timeline to song. I find that sooo much easier than hand motions. I've recorded dd singing it and plan to post it to my blog soon. I will link here if there is interest. I had all the kids sing the timeline (up to the week we were on) everyday. And we even started exercising while we sang...multitasking at its finest!

So, it was a lot of work, but dd, who was 7 most of the year, made Memory Masters with no problem.

I plan to continue next year. My next child will be 6. I won't press for Memory Masters from him for at least another year, but I need to figure out how to integrate him in the process better.

We used the CM Scripture Memory system with the memory work. It prevented us from wasting time on items that were already mastered and kept other things from falling between the cracks. We did short periods of memory work consistently. We also learned the timeline to song. Without the timeline set to music, ds would not have been able to memorize it this year.

We used the CM Scripture Memory system with the memory work. It prevented us from wasting time on items that were already mastered and kept other things from falling between the cracks. We did short periods of memory work consistently. We also learned the timeline to song. Without the timeline set to music, ds would not have been able to memorize it this year.

Thanks for sharing this system. I can see it working in lots of areas!

• 11 months later...
This is how dd and I did it...

Before CC starts I make up a folder for each week. I put in all the memory work for that week from the powerpoint cd.

I also go to iTunes and make a playlist for each week, using the Weeks on the other cd. For example, week 3's playlist looks like this:

Week 3

Week 3

Week 3

Week 2

Week 2

Week 1

So each new week we go over 3 times, review the past week twice, and the week before that once. We listen to that in the car 4 times a week and dd looked at the folder for the new week while listening, until she got it.

While CC is in session, we go over memory work after breakfast. This ends up taking about 45 minutes. ALL the kids sit at the table and color. I take my flashcards and go over the last 4 weeks for each subject. All can answer, but I always made sure dd knew it.

We did a full review of all the memory work once a week (usually in the car).

We learn the timeline to song. I find that sooo much easier than hand motions. I've recorded dd singing it and plan to post it to my blog soon. I will link here if there is interest. I had all the kids sing the timeline (up to the week we were on) everyday. And we even started exercising while we sang...multitasking at its finest!

So, it was a lot of work, but dd, who was 7 most of the year, made Memory Masters with no problem.

I plan to continue next year. My next child will be 6. I won't press for Memory Masters from him for at least another year, but I need to figure out how to integrate him in the process better.

Looking back, I have one child who could have made MM without too much additional effort. Thanks for sharing - I'll be implementing this next year!