Menu

Sonlight Core 5/ A Child's Geography

Has anyone ever paired Sonlight Core 5 (Eastern Hemisphere) with A Child's Geography? I have Core 5 packed away upstairs, having used it years ago with dd, now 18, and I wonder how it might work with A Child's Geography, which I don't own but am hankering to use. Might they pair well together? Would it be too much?

Are you talking about the book by Ann Voskamp? If so, you should know that it reads more like an Earth Science book instead of what most of us think of as geography. I'm not sure how well it would go with Core 5.

With that said, it's a great book! We're using it for science this summer and I can't wait.

Thank you, I didn't realize it was more like an earth science book, I pictured it being a geography book that could be paired with the different countries we study. I think maybe the second book is more of a geography book? I see it paired with several curriculums during the Ancients. Thank you for the input - maybe I can somehow get ahold of a copy to peruse...

Thank you, I didn't realize it was more like an earth science book, I pictured it being a geography book that could be paired with the different countries we study. I think maybe the second book is more of a geography book? I see it paired with several curriculums during the Ancients. Thank you for the input - maybe I can somehow get ahold of a copy to peruse...

Yes, the second book is more of a country-oriented geography book. In fact, I just ordered it to add to Core 1. I e-mailed the author to find out if she plans to write any more..if not, maybe she'll think about the suggestion.

I love Ann's writing, and have enjoyed her Jesse Tree devotional and her blog for several years now. I am thinking we'd really enjoy her "A Child's..." books too. I see the first is now scheduled in AO, and the second is scheduled in HOD's Creation to Christ package, so others are noticing them too.

Thanks!