Menu

Visiting Metropolitan Museum of Art??

If you have gone here, did you pay full price? I see that they list suggested prices for admission and wondered if we could pay less since we are a famiy of 6?? Also wondered if you drove and parked there or did you take the subway in??

Thanks for the help!

When I was in grad school, I almost never paid the suggested admission price. I would just hand the person however much I thought I could afford that week and say "One, please" or "There are three of us" or whatever. It was never a big deal. I think I would figure out what you want to spend and just pay that amount, letting them know how many people it's for so you get enough little tags for everyone.

I will do anything to avoid driving in Manhattan so I can't help with parking! I recommend the subway.

If you are staying in the surrounding areas I would consider public transportation but I don't like to drive in NYC. :) Also check the parking day rates, they can be very high. The MET does accept donations instead of the suggested admission.