Menu

Sam's club menu/shopping list?

I know it is a long shot, but does anyone have a menu plan with shopping list for Sam's Club? I desperately need to do this, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

DH is deployed. I have a bunch of little kids who want to eat ALL THE TIME. I cooked ahead a bit and that helped, but the power went out to our garage freezers and we lost everything. I have already loaded them all up for fast food 3 times in the last week. HELP!!!

For meat we usually get ground hamburger and the 10lb bag of chicken breast portions. (We buy a month's worth of food at a time, except for the little things like milk, fruit, and bread that need to be replenished more quickly.)

I have 3 chicken and rice recipes I could give you right now, if you're looking for food for tonight.

I also have 2 1/2 different ways to cook hamburger and rice.

I have 4 ways to cook pasta, and some dinner suggestion if you have any stove top (LOVE that stuff...)

Edited by theYoungerMrsWarde
remembered another one

This is what we do. I don't have it all written down, but I can help, if you want. For our family of 4 we try to keep it to $300/month. We eat a lot of the same basic staples, just cooked/mixed/spiced in different ways.

We are a family of 4 and I wish my food budget was $300 a month. Mines double!!!! UGH.

We are a family of 4 and I wish my food budget was $300 a month. Mines double!!!! UGH.

Lately it's been spilling over a bit by treating ourselves to "extras" like a bag of frozen sliced strawberries and Margaretta mix... (And that dosen't count diapers & wipes which are SO wonderfully priced at Sams the savings in that ALONE more than covers the club cost!)

OP: I can pm/e-mail you my monthly shopping list tomorrow if you want it, along with a list of dinners we eat on a regular basis.

Do you need an idea for tonight?

I go to Costco rather than Sam's but they are prettysimilar

I am trying to keep it at about $400 every four weeks...I wouldn't mind getting down to $300.

I started cooking fried rice. I've never made it before but it is pretty easy.

I make a lot of soup. Beef stew but with ground beef, chicken and rice (or homemade egg noodles) corn chowder, beef taco soup. I make some sort of gumbo/Jambalaya type dish, potato soup

I make my own chicken broth whenever I make a roasted chicken.

I do go to other stores now and then for some of the little things and my fake milk stuff

I started cooking fried rice. I've never made it before but it is pretty easy.

I make a lot of soup. Beef stew but with ground beef, chicken and rice (or homemade egg noodles) corn chowder, beef taco soup. I make some sort of gumbo/Jambalaya type dish, potato soup

I'm jealous. My boys won't eat soup OR my fried rice :glare: They can be starving, haven't hardly eaten all day, and they STILL won't eat it.

Lately it's been spilling over a bit by treating ourselves to "extras" like a bag of frozen sliced strawberries and Margaretta mix... (And that dosen't count diapers & wipes which are SO wonderfully priced at Sams the savings in that ALONE more than covers the club cost!)

OP: I can pm/e-mail you my monthly shopping list tomorrow if you want it, along with a list of dinners we eat on a regular basis.

Do you need an idea for tonight?

No, we did the drive-thru :glare:

But YES YES PLEASE to the shopping list and meal plans!!!

I am loving Sam's Club click n pull because I can't fit the littlest kids AND my groceries in the cart. I usually go every 2 weeks and get enough milk and fruit to last. I am just so uninspired when it comes to meal planning, plus I need the ingredients all in one nice list but I just.don't.want.to.do.it.

I'm jealous. My boys won't eat soup OR my fried rice :glare: They can be starving, haven't hardly eaten all day, and they STILL won't eat it.

Oh...we are huge soup eaters here. That would stink.

Will they eat omelettes? (I stink at making omelettes) Sandwiches? chicken pot pie isn't too expensive to make. My dd loves shepard's pie.

I will likely make more pasta now that it is getting warmer and fresh herbs and veggies will be more available.