Menu

If you've used TOG years 3 & 5, please advise...

Julie in MO

Hi,

I would appreciate some advice, please. :001_smile: I have an opportunity to buy several different books from a friend preparing for a garage sale. She did not use TOG, however, some titles make me think I'll be seeing them on the book list for years 3 and 4. We're finishing year 1 this year (and have not done TOG before).

Please...would someone take a look at the list of things I could buy and see if any show up on the TOG years 3 or 4 book lists for rhetoric and dialectic stages (or would replace nicely what's on the list)? I will be very appreciative!!

Joy Hakim's History of the US (11 vol. set)

God and Government (DeMar)

America's Providential History (source documents and teacher's manual)

Thinking Like a Christian (Nobel & Edwards)

Don't Know Much About American History (Davis)

The Land of Fair Play (Christian Liberty Press)

Building Godly Nations (MacDowell)

All Quiet on the Western Front (Ramarque)

The Age of Aristocracy (Wilcox & Arnstein)

What's the Deal....Louisiana Purchase (Blumberg)

She is also selling a brand new BJU History of the United States still in shrinkwrap. Wow. So many books....so little time to read....

Thanks SO much,

Julie

Another quick way to do find out is to go straight to BookshelfCentral, and do a search on each title that you've got on your list. If they sell the book, it will open to the book's page and you will be able to read at the bottom of the description what level and what year the book is used. Easy peasy!!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Another quick way to do find out is to go straight to BookshelfCentral, and do a search on each title that you've got on your list. If they sell the book, it will open to the book's page and you will be able to read at the bottom of the description what level and what year the book is used. Easy peasy!!

Blessings,

Lucinda

:thumbup1: That sounds good too.

I so appreciate this. I asked on the board for some quick help because I've been working long hours and the sale needed to be made quickly so I was hoping for some quick advice. I was so tired when I typed it that I didn't even realize that I wrote TOG year 5 instead of 4! Thank you each for the grace you showed me in pointing me quickly in the right direction! I found what I needed with your help! :)

Blessings,

Julie

I so appreciate this. I asked on the board for some quick help because I've been working long hours and the sale needed to be made quickly so I was hoping for some quick advice. I was so tired when I typed it that I didn't even realize that I wrote TOG year 5 instead of 4! Thank you each for the grace you showed me in pointing me quickly in the right direction! I found what I needed with your help! :)

Blessings,

Julie

No problem! Glad you found what you were looking for :).