Menu

What are you planting this year?

Although we have a good-size garden, I have finally learned - by mid-summer, I've lost interest, and the local farmer's market is fabulous by then.

So, I only plant the things I love to grab on the spur of the moment, basil and tomatoes. And my two DS plant carrots and bush beans, veggies they like, plus pumpkins. This year I also put in a few lettuces early - I fully expect them to bolt before they are used up.

I've done zucchini, eggplant, and cukes (I'm the only one who will eat them), various peppers (farmer's market has better), corn (bugs), radishes (no one eats), watermelon and cantalope (never as sweet as the farmer's market), and peas.

Oh, we also have a large trellis of raspberries, which are generally consumed before they make it inside.

I'd say throw some pasil in one pot and those patio tomatoes in others, and enjoy!

I told dh we had room for two of his gargantuan tomato plants, he planted four. But, that's down from six last year.

Also, we cut out half of the other veggies that were taking up the garden (2 squash plants instead of four).

All together we have: lettuce, squash, cucumber, and tomatoes.

Hi Jean!

We've planted:

Tomatoes (Beef steak, Roma, Grape)

Straight necked yellow squash

Bell Peppers (red, yellow, purple, orange......and chocolate when available)

Cucumber

Cantaloupe

Carrots

Green beans - pole

Sweet banana peppers

And, we'd grow more, but we don't have the room.

Happy Gardening!!

:)