Menu

Ideas for learning to build a website?

I use wordpress for all my sites, its free and easy to use. His site doesn't have to look like a blog, it can look like anything he wants. There are many tutorials available online for free.

He'll need to get some hosting, I recommend going with hostgator or bluehost. Namecheap has coupons every month for new domains.

Thanks! I know nothing. Unfortunately, he'll probably start with adobe as he wants a website for his photographs....

Good news, though, his uncle has offered to tutor him through it on skype! Perhaps we can get a book, too, so that he can do some self-study in between.

It depends on the extent to which he wants to build a site. You don't use builders; you build with code. You don't use frontpage or web developers. So, you would need to ask him exactly what he wants to do and to learn.

(I am a programmer. I answered based on the coding desire and not just the simple display of his digital media. :) )

My father was a programmer, but I'm not using much code to build my website. I just organised a hosting plan, and installed joomla. After that, I've just been learning how to build it myself. Joomla has a lot of instruction manuals, and active forums for support.

Editted to add: I had never built a website before I built my blog two months ago. I've been remote, so no one is around to guide me. I've found I am a lot more confident now than two months ago.

Guest webmasterraj1
I use wordpress for all my sites, its free and easy to use. His site doesn't have to look like a blog, it can look like anything he wants. There are many tutorials available online for free.

He'll need to get some hosting, I recommend going with hostgator or bluehost. Namecheap has coupons every month for new domains.

Yes i'm agree with you and i saw the tutorials these are very informative and i learned from these tutorials.