Menu

Share your Low carb success stories for me

I am starting a low carb diet tomorrow. Just my own based on the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet. You eat 2 low carb meals per day, and a low carb dinner with some form of carb with it. However mine will be sugarfree, lowglycemic.

I have blood sugar issues and severe cravings when fruit or carbs pass my lips. that and need to lose about 40 pounds!!!!!!!!!

I have always been fearful of eating high fat diet,so I will keep my fats healthy.

Any advice or suggestions?

Can you tell me your success stories, I need inspiration

Edited by Love2Smile

A couple of weeks ago, I cut out anything with white flour (really any flour for the most part) and anything with preservatives. I can tell you that the first 3 to 4 days were HARD. I had a headache and WANTED anything that was bad for me. However, after that it got a lot easier. Just push through, and have lots of ready to eat snacks. I had veggies, homemade granola bars, cheese sticks, and fruit ready to eat so I didn't have an excuse to go get anything else. Good luck!

A couple of weeks ago, I cut out anything with white flour (really any flour for the most part) and anything with preservatives. I can tell you that the first 3 to 4 days were HARD. I had a headache and WANTED anything that was bad for me. However, after that it got a lot easier. Just push through, and have lots of ready to eat snacks. I had veggies, homemade granola bars, cheese sticks, and fruit ready to eat so I didn't have an excuse to go get anything else. Good luck!

Thanks! but I have to go even lower carb than that, well I can have fruit but with dinner and with protien and fat. I can't eat it alone.

Several years ago I was very low carb. That worked well for me, and in one year I lost forty pounds. I kept the weight off for two years, but have now gained it back due to a lack of diligence on my part. I know what I have to do to loose it, but I just haven't taken the time to do it yet.

I did very low carb 99% of the time. No grains, beans, root veggies, fruit, sweetner, etc. I ate animal protein, dairy, eggs, fats, and lots of low carb veggies. Three eggs scrambled in butter was my standard breakfast. My treat was on Friday night when dh would bring home a pint of Haagen Dazs chocolate with chocolate chunks, and we would split it. The rest of the time I maintained the VLC. If I really wanted fruit, I would have frozen berries. VLC wasn't hard to do after the first week.

I felt good and lost lots of weight. Ask if there is anything specific you want to know.

Blessings,

Melinda