Menu

best food/snacks for men working in HOT weather?

My husband and his friends are helping to put a new roof on their other friend's father's house. The father is dying of cancer, and won't be around many more weeks. He wants to know the roof is done so he doesn't have to worry about his wife. So they all drove/flew in and are putting on the roof. We are in Central Florida, so the weather is awful. HOT HOT HOT and VERY humid. I really want to help, but I have a one year old I have to take care of, so there really is nothing I can do. I did send up homemade lemonade yesterday and today, and some watermelon slices today. I was going to send some food, but my husband said they are so hot that they don't eat much, as it would make them sick.

Any suggestions of anything else I could do?

When my husband was installing Dish TV in the summers, on hot roofs, I would freeze oranges and put them in his lunch pail. He loved those. Grapes freeze really well, too. Pretty much any berry does, and they'll thaw, but still be good and cold, and very refreshing and light.