Menu

MOH 2

indigomama

I tried to do a search but it wasn't working.

We used Mystery of History 1 this year for my first grader and we all loved it! I have heard that MOH 2 was a little more intense and was looking for advice.

If my DS did fine with year one should we go on to year 2? If not, what should we use instead? Thanks!

I tried to do a search but it wasn't working.

We used Mystery of History 1 this year for my first grader and we all loved it! I have heard that MOH 2 was a little more intense and was looking for advice.

If my DS did fine with year one should we go on to year 2? If not, what should we use instead? Thanks!

I will look though it again. I don't think (based on how much of it I have read so far) that it is much more intense than the first one.

Plus, you could skip details as needed.

I used it with an 8.5 year old (3rd grade) this year. He did just fine. We even kept up with the 3 lessons a week pacing and he even took all the tests and quizzes. BUT he has an older sister and he is determined to listen to whatever she can listen to.

I have no idea if you are interested but I listed all the books we used this year with MOH 2. Some are obviously for older kids, but I listed plenty of picture books, movies, and the like also.

http://daisyhomeschoolblog.blogspot.com/p/moh-2-resources.html

Thank you! That's a big help. I know the back of MOH has some additional sources listed, but not a whole lot. I like to have lots of extras. Which is why I had my son get his own library card, because I keep maxing mine out:)

BTW: Hotter than Heck,CA must mean you're somewhere in the valley huh? I was born and raised on the coast, but my mom recently moved to Bakersfield and she calls me all the time to tell me the weather differences.

Thank you! That's a big help. I know the back of MOH has some additional sources listed, but not a whole lot. I like to have lots of extras. Which is why I had my son get his own library card, because I keep maxing mine out:)

BTW: Hotter than Heck,CA must mean you're somewhere in the valley huh? I was born and raised on the coast, but my mom recently moved to Bakersfield and she calls me all the time to tell me the weather differences.

They don't call it BAKErsfield for nothin'. :D

We've had really mild weather so far this season though. It will probably jump to 110 degrees in less than 24 hours and I'll be whining.

We moved here from the NW 13 years ago and still haven't adjusted.

Edited by Daisy

I used MOH 2 when my kids were 4th & 2nd grades, and I think my 2nd grader did fine with it. The readings are a bit longer, but not terribly so. I actually appreciated the increase in detail etc... We'll be going through it again next year (7th grade dd), can't wait!

Merry :-)

I used MOH 2 when my kids were 4th & 2nd grades, and I think my 2nd grader did fine with it. The readings are a bit longer, but not terribly so. I actually appreciated the increase in detail etc... We'll be going through it again next year (7th grade dd), can't wait!

Merry :-)

Thank you! He loves to listen to the stories and often wants to move on to the next one, which is way I try and have extra books, to help expand on the lesson. I think he'll like having longer lessons. Her way of writing is clear and engaging. I had read a few times on here that vol 2 was different so I was just checking in to see what the differences were, thanks.