Menu

Biology 101

I tried the search function and it doesn't seem to be working. Has anyone made up a syllabus, assignment plan/list - something to go along with the Biology 101 DVD for high school. I really need something that is user-friendly for a dd that has dyslexia so it needs to be reading-friendly and I'm not worried about the dissection issues. This particular child is going into the education field so we need general exposure - get that bio credit done - but she'll be heading to a cc before a 4 year college.

Help!

It's included with the dvd's you get. It tells what THEY consider to be the requirements to do high school. We love the DVD's and info. However, some of the high school requirements that they gave hours for seemed kind of "rinky-dink" to us.

When I was looking last year, I got a pm from someone that gave these ideas to go with the Biology 101 to help make it a "stronger" course. These are some of the things she used with her dd, and that I also got for my dd. We also did the virtual labs.

Before dd started, I went through the TOC of the books and looked through the plans from Bio. 101 and penciled in the extra readings to go with what she was studying at the time. It's worked out very well, and I feel like it's a strong course for her!

Edited by Brindee

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157884

Try this link (last time I posted a link, it didn't work properly, so I apologize in advance if it doesn't work). Post #33 (on page 4, I believe) of this thread has a list of other resources that were used with the Biology 101 dvd's. I think, if I've heard right, the manual that comes with the dvd's includes lesson plans for making them a complete biology program. I think this is what I will be using with both of my older dd's next year. It looks like a great program!

Hey, Brindee beat me to it! I guess we posted back at the same time. I was hoping you would reply since your dd is using this program right now.

Edited by Katiebug_1976

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157884

Try this link (last time I posted a link, it didn't work properly, so I apologize in advance if it doesn't work). Post #33 (on page 4, I believe) of this thread has a list of other resources that were used with the Biology 101 dvd's. I think, if I've heard right, the manual that comes with the dvd's includes lesson plans for making them a complete biology program. I think this is what I will be using with both of my older dd's next year. It looks like a great program!

:iagree: And I quoted from that same source, just her pm to me! :001_smile: