Menu

S/O HOD Preparing

StephanieF

Following the fantastic recent thread on HOD I have rethought what I may do in the fall with ds. I have posted on the HOD board but haven't yet received a reply.

I think that ds will be ready for Preparing skill wise in the fall rather than Bigger which I had been planning. Can anyone tell me how the child's history of the world is scheduled? Looking at the week 1 sample, one chapter of Grandpa's box is scheduled a day but as there are 42 chapters I wondered whether all the chapters are covered and how the other history books especially CHOTW are scheduled.

Also how is storytime scheduled, the first week has extracts from the Bible to be read, how many weeks does this last before the read alouds start?

Thanks!

Stephanie

Edited by StephanieF

For the History Readings, "Life in the Great Ice Age" is used for Units 2, 3 & part of 4. In Unit 4 Day 3,starts CHOW with Grandpa's box still be alternated throughout the units.

Unit 1 Day 4 begins "The True story of Noah's Ark" for storytime for about a unit, then Genesis & "Life in the Great Ice Age" for 2-3 units. Tirzah starts at the end of Unit 5.

Hope this Helps

K