Menu

Curtailing Attitude

In the past 3 months or so my sweet loving 10 year old DD has turned into an attitude yielding, eye rolling, sighing because I exist monster!

I realize that it is age and hormones for the most part but I honestly believe that half the time she doesn't understand how horrible the things coming out of her mouth sound. (tone not language) How do I make her hear herself and how do I help curtail the attitude now so that I can survive the teenage years?!

Amy

Yours too? Someone somewhere must have made my dd Queen of the World without my knowledge because she is starting to act as though we are all her slaves:glare:. I just do not tolerate the attitude. Every time I notice a "tone" I point it out and make her correct it. Every time she corrects me (because you know, I am now an idiot who has abdicated her parental responsibilities:glare::glare:) I check her attitude. Every time. It's annoying and time-consuming, but I'll be darned if I am going to deal with this attitude for the next 8 years.