Menu

Smoothie Maker and traditional blender - is there a reason for both?

If your blender makes acceptable smoothies, you really don't need a smoothie maker too. A lot of less expensive blenders struggle to make smoothies.

:iagree: If your current blender is adequate, a smoothie maker is just another appliance to store, imo. The only added feature the smoothie maker would have is the pour spout at the bottom. However, for me, that just means it's more difficult to clean.

Lisa

I have gone through many blenders, and after years of laughing at the cheesy info-mercials, I broke down and bought a Magic Bullet at Bed, Bath and Beyond. For $45 (after 20% coupon), it is the most awesome blender I have owned. You can make your smoothie right in the cup. Even more fun for kids is that they can have whatever they want in theirs(smoothie/milkshake) and you don't have to clean the blender each time and dirty a glass! I use it several times a day for all sorts of things- dressings, smoothies, eggs, pancake mix, grating/chopping, etc.. I will never buy another blender, smoothie maker or food processor.

I use my Vitamix.

We must use it at least 4 times a day. It makes great smoothies. It purees and heats fruit and veggies for baby food. I make butter from raw milk with it. You can buy a different blade/container and grind wheat.

Plus, the model that I have is not Plastic #7, the BPA one.