Menu

Ambleside List Sorted Chronologically

SnMomof7

I really enjoy the flavor of AO's book selections, but I can't figure out how to do multiple levels with their program. In amy case, we're currently using SL then its on to TOG. I'd still like to use chronologically co-ordinating AO selections though, so I'm wondering if there is any chronologically sorted list of AO books along with the grade they are typically assigned in for AO? Chronologically first, grade second?

Thanks!

AO doesn't schedule their books around history. Other than the spine you use (they have a few to choose from) there may be a few biographies or stories to go along with the time period, but sometimes none at all. AO's books are chosen for their literary quality rather than how it fits into history.

To supplement TOG with AO you would not be able to pick books that necessarily fit in with the time period you are studying. You could use it at a somewhat graded literature guide though. In that case you would mostly be looking at the books under "literature" and "free reading".

I have lists, but they all come from the yahoo groups and they're huge. I wouldn't know how to get them on here. a little time copying and pasting from each year wouldn't take too long though.

Maybe someone else has an easy list available.

I really enjoy the flavor of AO's book selections, but I can't figure out how to do multiple levels with their program. In amy case, we're currently using SL then its on to TOG. I'd still like to use chronologically co-ordinating AO selections though, so I'm wondering if there is any chronologically sorted list of AO books along with the grade they are typically assigned in for AO? Chronologically first, grade second?

Thanks!

I have a list that I made. Let me try to find it. :)

Thanks!

Literature in the elementary grades doesn't go strictly by time period. While some historical fiction and some fiction written in the time period studied for history is included, there are also lots of books just chosen because they are good books to read. In years 7 and up, the literature consists mostly of books written in the time period being studied.

For history:

Year 1: late Roman period, early middle ages in Britain. Smattering of stories from other time periods

Ancient history: Year 6, terms 2-3. Year 12 (no official plan posted yet) Mythology covered in years 2-6 (Wonder Book, Heroes, Age of Fable).

Middle Ages: Year 2 & year 7

Renaissance and Reformation: Year 3 & Year 8

Early Modern: Year 4 & Year 9 (basically, ~1600-1800)

19th Century: Year 5, Terms 1-2 & Year 10

Modern Times: Year 5, term 3; Year 6, term 1; & Year 11 (20th Century)

Awesome AngelBee, that last post link is VERY helpful :).

Aww, too bad about your brother's Mac. I know the feeling, my now 2.5 year old bum-slammed my MacBook and broke the screen when she was around 1.25 ($800 repair!)

Ouch! Actually double ouch (poor thing!)! :lol: