Menu

Little Professor Science Kits

kristinannie

Little Professor Science Kits

I saw these at the HS convention and actually met the lady who designed them. She had a real passion for science. I loved how hands on it was and how it teaches the kids the scientific method and allows them to sort of design their own experiments. We were discussing their polymer kit and she was saying that the experiment says to add water to make it grow, but then the kids can decide which other liquids to try (milk, juice, pop, etc).

We bought one of those alligators that grows when you put it in water. It stayed in our sink while we were in Williamsburg for the week and every day the kids were so excited to see how much bigger it got.

I am planning on using RSO Earth and Space next year, but thought I might add one of these in to supplement. We are science people here. The kits are really expensive, but they were also very high quality.

I just wanted to see if anyone had used these and could tell me more about them. You get a free subscription to DE Science, but I didn't know if a 5 year old would really enjoy that. Thanks in advance for your advice!

We used one this year. I bought the Chem 101 (the one with the snow and alligator - Polymers) and my daughter loved it. She begged to do her science experiments. I admit the the polymer concept was probably above her head but the reason I got it was because I thought she would have fun and I wanted her to learn to love and look forward to science.

Our alligator is growing now. :D

I had planned on doing a science notebook (interest driven from nature walks) this year but given where we live I also wanted some hands-on experiments for those rainy days. It worked beautifully. We didn't do the magazine or the online stuff.

The kits are expensive but they include everything. They also include an abundance of materials so there are some experiments we could do over because there was enough left over.

Hope this helps!