Menu

Anyone that uses The Latin Road to English Grammar....

Guest ewood

We completed Volume 1 and 2 of LRTEG, and while we did not diagram, you could easily go that route if you wanted. You need to know the grammatical job of each word in the sentence to properly translate it and I usually had the girls use the markings the curriculum suggested over each word. Because of this the program is grammar intensive, but my girls found that it went well for them because they already had a thorough understand of English grammar first. It made the Latin work go a lot faster to easily be able to pick out case, gender, and number.

Hope this helps!

Elaine

I used this with a couple of kids several years ago, so if the course has changed significantly since then, my comments may not be applicable.

In answer to your questions:

1. I don't remember us diagramming.

2. It is a good Latin course, but different Latin courses (and I've used several) fit different students differently.

3. I would not use it as my sole English grammar. It does reinforce a number of English grammar concepts, but there are too many issues covered in English grammar that would not be addressed in, or different from, Latin grammar.

JMHO!