Menu

Bible study wanted....

My husband and I are going on a 10 day vacation to celebrate our 10yr anniversary. We are going to Kauai for most of it. We are looking for a study that we can do together. Here are a couple of parameters.......er...., uh......, helpful hints....... (only a couple:tongue_smilie:)

-He likes John Piper.

-I like Beth Moore.

-Neither one of us liked the book Love and Respect.

-We would like that it wasn't a long study, something that we can mostly complete on our trip(10 days).

-It doesn't have to be a study but we would like something that gives us some direction for our quiet times.

-Neither one of us like a lot of fluff, we both want a tell it like it is kind of study.

-It doesn't have to be about marriage. Getting closer to Jesus always brings us closer together!!:001_wub:

-We don't really want just a devotional, something a little more meaty. We don't mind spending at least an hour or two a day devoted to this.

Any suggestions would help. Can't wait for this trip!!! We sooooo need it!

Thanks in advance,

Meli

Dh and I have been really enjoying the MasterWork studies/curriculum from Lifeway (and I'm not usually a big Lifeway fan). Each quarterly issue covers 2 themes/topics that are written by people like Beth Moore, Ravi Zacharias, Gary Chapman, etc. Good stuff. It's different from going over a chapter or book of the Bible straight through, but as far as topical studies go, these are really good, IMO.

http://www.lifeway.com/article/165376/

Edited by 6packofun
add link

How wonderful! Happy 10th Anniversary! I think it's awesome you want to grow together in Christ!

I don't know if you'll have a way to play DVD's on your vacation as these are mostly DVD's and they are not necessarily a Bible Study but they will get ya talk'n on the importance of biblical issues and grow you. If not, get into some when you get back! ;)

Here are a few of our favorite studies:

Holiness of God R.C. Sproul Study

Shepherding a Child's Heart DVD series Tripp

The Truth Project (this was awesome!) ..get this somehow!!

Daniel Beth Moore

Debates are fun:

Collision w/ Doug Wilson vs. Christoper Hitchens (DVD)

Does God Exist Craig vs. Hitchens (DVD)

Any other William Lane Craig Debate (youtube)

The Falling of America/Education if you like that kind of study: (all DVD's)

Agenda

The Child

Waiting for Superman

Demographic Winter

Miscellaneous

Walking with Jesus Ray Vander Laan DVD

How Should We Then Live Schaeffer

if you can get your hands on: "Does the Truth Matter Anymore" by McArthur; I highly recommend this. (Or his The Truth War book)

I'd love to hear what you have done or what you would recommend.