Menu

Do I go with GtG or Geography Songs?

I'm stuck and don't know which to go with. I want to do more geography with my gr.2 next year. This year we did simple Evan Moor books which covered land forms, basic map work, N/S hemispheres and continent names.

Most importantly, I want my kids to know the different countries and where they are. I want them to know where any given country is on a map and find it with ease. I would also like them to have knowledge of the country's flag and some basic knowledge about culture.- even as simple as European vs. Asian etc.

I love the idea of GtG but I know that I will not be able to follow the program too closely b/c I do not intend to use it as a unit study that branches into my other subject areas.- I've worked too hard to figure out my gr. 2 plans to let geography change them all!! :lol: I also do not have a ton of time to devote to geography each week. We do a lot of reading for history and literature already.

So... do I go with Geography Songs or GtG?? Or, is there something even better??....

I'm stuck and don't know which to go with. I want to do more geography with my gr.2 next year. This year we did simple Evan Moor books which covered land forms, basic map work, N/S hemispheres and continent names.

Most importantly, I want my kids to know the different countries and where they are. I want them to know where any given country is on a map and find it with ease. I would also like them to have knowledge of the country's flag and some basic knowledge about culture.- even as simple as European vs. Asian etc.

I love the idea of GtG but I know that I will not be able to follow the program too closely b/c I do not intend to use it as a unit study that branches into my other subject areas.- I've worked too hard to figure out my gr. 2 plans to let geography change them all!! :lol: I also do not have a ton of time to devote to geography each week. We do a lot of reading for history and literature already.

So... do I go with Geography Songs or GtG?? Or, is there something even better??....

Go with Geography Songs, I have both GtG and Geography Songs.

Here's free map games online too http://www.yourchildlearns.com/geography.htm

Just to check out http://www.nationalgeographic.com/geographyaction/