Menu

What extra resources did you use with Elemental Science?

YES! I finally bought a science. DH handed me my purse and said to me "just hurry and buy it before you change your mind AGAIN!" LOL:lol::lol::lol:

What additional reading material or supplements did you add to Elemental Science? BIOLOGY - logic stage, of course. :)

Edited by ChrissySC

I think he was just extremely tired of pretending that he was understanding the level or scope and sequence of these particular biological aids for science. What is so amusing is that he is the one that does science with the children most days! I was trying to make sure that everything was scripted or could be easily adapted or added too.

I was looking at it earlier ... with my Math Mammoth too .... *sigh (I shopped way too much these last few days. Just so that everyone knows, it is all YOUR fault. That is my story. You MADE me do it.)

I really want the other books now too. I will incorporate the History of Biology when it comes out. I will maintain our CM approach to nature study until it is released in the fall. I can hardly wait. :)

The Logic stage Biology just came out within the last month or so, so I'm guessing that you might not get much response yet. I need to get around to buying my own books for the program one of these days. :tongue_smilie:

YES! I finally bought a science. DH handed me my purse and said to me "just hurry and buy it before you change your mind AGAIN!" LOL:lol::lol::lol:

What additional reading material or supplements did you add to Elemental Science? BIOLOGY - logic stage, of course. :)

Perhaps I should have been broader in what I need or desire to know.

What are good resources for biology? Beyond the suggested resources and material in the ES logic stage. I forgot that it was a recent release. :-/ I have been spending the last few weeks trying to picking a silly science guide/plan.

I am also looking forward to starting this for next year. I compiled a list at some point of just extra 'reader' books to go with Biology. Many of them are from the Scientists in the Field Series... (The Frog Scientist, The Snake Scientist, The Tarantula Scientist, The Bug Scientist, Project Seahorse). I think my goal with this coming year is to awaken in them the idea that people actually 'do' something with their education. LOL. Plus I think they are fun books.

I am also trying to figure out how to buy the entire series of Rough Science that PBS had out. It is about 5 scientist who are put on a deserted island, mountaintop, etc. and have to use their knowledge, ingenuity and resourcefulness to answer questions about where they are, how to make things from practically nothing.. the previews I have seen look awesome. Trouble is that I can get the series easy enough through the UK, but their DVDs are made for region 2 and the USA is region 1. ;-( Anyway... I would love to hear more ideas out there too!

I am also looking forward to starting this for next year. I compiled a list at some point of just extra 'reader' books to go with Biology. Many of them are from the Scientists in the Field Series... (The Frog Scientist, The Snake Scientist, The Tarantula Scientist, The Bug Scientist, Project Seahorse). I think my goal with this coming year is to awaken in them the idea that people actually 'do' something with their education. LOL. Plus I think they are fun books.

I am also trying to figure out how to buy the entire series of Rough Science that PBS had out. It is about 5 scientist who are put on a deserted island, mountaintop, etc. and have to use their knowledge, ingenuity and resourcefulness to answer questions about where they are, how to make things from practically nothing.. the previews I have seen look awesome. Trouble is that I can get the series easy enough through the UK, but their DVDs are made for region 2 and the USA is region 1. ;-( Anyway... I would love to hear more ideas out there too!

I remember watching some of this series years ago on BBC. Great show, but I never learned the name as we'd always just stumble onto it.

I found episodes from seasons 3 & 4 on Netflix (both DVD and Play it Now). I also found episode guides and science info on the BBC Open University website.