Menu

Take a look at my plan?

For those who have read my previous post, I have an autistic son who also has adhd and ocd. He has dyslexia as well (visual and auditory processing disorders are not likely but haven't been ruled out yet...working on it). He's been in the PS system for the past couple of years and I want to pull him out in the fall.

Right now, I am planning his summer school schedule and think I have it planned out. My main focus is reading and math while I wanted to include some other topics but keep it light for interest. Should I do spelling now or should I wait until we detox a bit?

Reading:

Recipe for Reading

Happy Phonics (Games)

Hands-on tiles from Lakeshore Learning

Math:

Rod and Staff 2nd

Right Start Math Games

Science

Covering Animal Unit

Space Unit

Snap Circuits

Geography

United States unit

karate

lots of outdoors!

I think I'd consider Recipe for Reading as spelling, too, if you are starting from the beginning. In the articles that I read on the eps website, you dictate sounds, phrases, and sentences for spelling in the lessons. I would think that would suffice for spelling?

Taking time off was my original thought. However, he does need a lot of structure, even in the summer. I figured that I would give it a try and see what happens. He has been begging me all year to homeschool him so I think that the interest is still there. I guess I could always back off the academics if it's too much.