Menu

What is the youngest you would use Omnibus III ?

Kathie in VA

I'm considering Omnibus for my kid(s) who will be 8th and 7th grade. However we are up to modern history in our path which would be Omnibus III. I know this one was intended for 9th graders so I'm wonder if we should just finnish our cycle with something else and begin with Omnibus I the following year or just jump in with Omnibus III.

Julie,

Thanks for the info! This sounds like it would be even more interesting if I can find others to take it with us. Have you tried their online course with it? That sounds like a great way to gain accountability and deeper discussions.

Do you know anything else about the Omni's Rhetoric levels that they are making? I heard somewhere on these boards that they were due out 2008-2009 school year... but I haven't heard too much else. How will they be different? I wonder if they will follow the same content as I-III so someone can have one kid in Omni I and an older one in Omni IV and basically keep them on the same 'page' kwim?

Oh, and congrads on the adoption next month! You must be soo excited!

Well... My husband started the VP Online Program. He is the administrator and teaches Omni I and III. I am sure I could refer you to someone who has taken it if you want to email me. As for Omni IV, 2008/2009 will not happen. I think they are shooting for 2009/2010. It will be the same time period, but different content and geared toward the Rhetoric student as opposed to the Logic student.

Thanks for the congrats. We are very excited.