Jump to content


Question about records...

Recommended Posts

Our ds had an evaluation with a child psych a few years ago to see if he had ADD/ADHD. I have misplaced the report, so I called the Dr's. office to get a copy. His file is in storage but they can print off an unsigned copy and stamp it with draft. They asked if it was for me personally or if I was taking it to someone and said that if I was it would probebly need to signed.


I do need a copy just for me but I will be showing it to another child psych at a meeting I'll have with her at the end of the month. I just want to show it her for reference to know what kind of testing he's already had. Should I have got a signed copy? I figure if the other Dr. wants a signed copy I can request it at that time. What do you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's what I'd do. I doubt you would need a signed copy unless you're dealing with a school district. However, you may want to have a signed copy in your file in case you need it later for documentation if you plan to ask for accommodations on the ACT or SAT. (Students going to community college and transferring later to a four-year college typically do not need to take the ACT or SAT.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...