Menu

Trying to order Italian Athenaze

Well it seems the Italian version of Athenaze is available for purchase from the publisher. I have it in my cart and I can't register/purchase because I don't have a "Codice Fiscale" which is an Italian tax-id number. Can anyone help me with this? I'm hoping I can pay with my [American - Master Card] credit card or PayPal. I'm planning to just get the 2 texts, then later I can get the American versions for the exercises/grammar/culture notes.

This is the website: http://www.vivariumnovum.it/edizioni/index.php/Corso-di-greco-base.html -- Their contact form is for book errors or the satisfaction guarentee. I don't know if I can email them in English, or if I should use Google Translate and send them both the English and generated Italian...

Help? :blush:

Use the contact form for errors, message them in English (also put "Ordering from abroad" or something along those lines in oggetto del messaggio) and explain your difficulties in coherent, yet simple English.

If they reply with something like English no speak scusi (they won't LOL, but just in case something goes wrong with your communication in English), then PM me and I'll contact them in Italian for you - but you wish to try with English first, especially if further correspondence between you occurs. I suggest not using Google translate or anything of the kind.

Edited by Ester Maria

• 2 years later...

Hello all. I came across this thread through google. A bit dated, I know.

Is it still possible to order from the publisher if you live in the US? I ran into similar problems. I will contact them per your above suggestions. Thanks!

I'm curious -- I see people wanting the Italian Athenaze, because it's supposed to better than the English version?  Is it significantly different?  In what way?

Here's a comparison I did between the U.S. and Italian editions of Athenaze: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/83103-comparison-of-the-us-and-italian-editions-of-athenaze/

Short answer is that the Italian Athenaze has a lot more reading passages and is overall organized much more like Lingua Latina (although it still has some glosses, and separate grammar instruction) - the appeal is for people who are looking for a Ancient Greek version of Lingua Latina.