Menu

Looking at convention sessions on hs'ing through high school

My daughter will be in 8th next year. Should I do all the "homeschool through high school" sessions *this* summer? It seems if I wait until we're about to start 9th, it may be too late to adjust my 9th grade year.

Did you find any of these sessions helpful? And did they have an effect on your high schooler's course of study? Or are they just motivational?

My daughter will be in 8th next year. Should I do all the "homeschool through high school" sessions *this* summer? It seems if I wait until we're about to start 9th, it may be too late to adjust my 9th grade year.

Did you find any of these sessions helpful? And did they have an effect on your high schooler's course of study? Or are they just motivational?

I wouldn't worry about doing "all" the sessions. If they have a general homeschooling high school session, go to that. And any others that actually sound interesting to you but are geared for high schoolers. I still haven't done all of them, I don't think. Too many to go to, too little time. :) I'll have an 11th grader and a 9th grader next year. OH, I'd recommend going to one on transcripts so you have a year to practice, to think about it before you actually need to start making one.

The transcript workshop I went to was helpful, even if I've decided I'm not going with her recommendations. It was not at a homeschool conference though.

The general session at a conference was by Debra Bell. She's well known and liked but I found her incredibly boring.

Others that are listed a "teen" or "parents of teens" have been good. I think a lot depends on you and your bent and the speaker and the speaker's bent.