Menu

Really bad books

My mother gave me a book called My First 100 Babies, or something like that. It was a childcare book written by an English baby nurse. This book was horrifying to me! I was pregnant with my first child and didn't really have a clue about taking care of babies, but I was 100% positive I did not agree with the schedule and method that book recommended. It talked about giving the baby a separate dinner-time at something like 5:00 and then bath and bed, so the parents could have grown-up time. :ack2: I didn't even know much about "parenting styles" at that point, but I was already certain I would never treat my child like they were a little pest that needed to be removed so I could carry on as an adult.

I think I did actually throw that in the trashcan, because I didn't want anyone else to read it.

:iagree:Oh, yeah! I trashed that one along with Babywise. Both were given to me by my MIL when I had my first.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic