Menu

Good link for music w/tin whistle

robsiew

Just for fun....

I am starting to teach my kids the tin whistle and was searching around for some music for them.

This is a great site with the printed music, plus the fingerings right under the notes! Some traditional tunes that kids would recognize too...

Just thought I'd share :001_smile: Enjoy!

Thanks! My son took Tin Whistle lessons for a couple of years and the most helpful thing his instructor did was to to make a CD of the songs he was learning, being played on a tin whistle. Then they know how it is supposed to sound, and play it so much better! I'd bet you could find many of the songs you want them to learn (free) to download. Oh - and it must be songs played on a tin whistle, not just any music. That way they can hear how long to hold notes, what the rhythm sounds like, where to cut notes (is that the term with tin whistle?), etc.

Just the other day I had him play a song he learned a few years ago. It sounded terrible! So I pulled out the CD for him to listen to, then he played it again. The difference was AMAZING!