Menu

What is a day like with ToG-UG or LG level?

chrissymama

Well, today, we got up and did our LA and math, then the kids write out their vocabulary words and definitions in their history notebooks. (This week, they have 5 words a day.) After that, it's on to their independent work, which includes any independent reading (for us this week, their literature and history are both the books of Joshua, Judges, and Ruth in the Bible, and they have Worldview to read out of What the Bible is All About for Young Explorers.) They then move onto their Greek or Latin (or both, if they're feeling industrious), and Science. We'll do science here in a little bit, as we have a project. That's our S/M/W/F schedule. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we take out LA and science, and add in any map work they need to do. Our goal on T/Th is to be done and lunch eaten by 1, because we're going to start having to be out of the house in the afternoon on those days.

We finish any major projects on the weekend. This weekend, DH will be making a salt map of Canaan with them. Weekends are time off for my brain, so Daddy takes over. ;)

LG here. This is our basic schedule for TOG only.

Monday and Tuesdays we cuddle up and read through books and I briefly explain any vocabulary with which they are unfamiliar.

On Tuesdays we also add in mapwork. The kids get the map and I show them where to fill in the names/places.

Wednesdays we do a literature worksheet or activity, plus TOG Writing (in our case, we work on our word banks).

Thursdays and Fridays we work on lapbooks and hands-on activities.

Easy peasy. :D

-----

The entire day is scheduled like this:

Math

Language Arts (Spelling, FLL, WWE, Handwriting, OPGTR and a Sonlight book *at this point, I'm not matching the Sonlight books with TOG, just using them as extra reading practice)

TOG

Music or Art (but not every day)

Science gets done one-two nights a week with Daddy, depending on the length of the lesson. :001_smile:

LG here. This is our basic schedule for TOG only.

Monday and Tuesdays we cuddle up and read through books and I briefly explain any vocabulary with which they are unfamiliar.

On Tuesdays we also add in mapwork. The kids get the map and I show them where to fill in the names/places.

Wednesdays we do a literature worksheet or activity, plus TOG Writing (in our case, we work on our word banks).

Thursdays and Fridays we work on lapbooks and hands-on activities.

Easy peasy. :D

I also have a LG here, and that is very close to what we do.

Our schedule:

Monday: History Books

Tuesday: Geography-fill out maps and talk about the climate and crops of the region.

Wednesday: Bible/worldview, writing pages to add to our people of the ancient world book.

Thursday: Lit reading, sometimes a lit worksheet, start the hands on activities.

Friday: Finish the hands on activity, do lapbook work, have a meeting with mom about next weeks activities.

Daily: Math, Spelling/Phonics, vocab study, and handwriting.

Twice Weekly: Spanish, Science, and Logic

Once Weekly: Formal Art study and Science Lab.