Menu

Chalkdust Geometry Questions

Azalea

Hi Dana Mosley fans, I really like Dana's math lectures and my daughter is currently using his pre-algebra cd's and recommended text and she is doing well.

Preparing ahead, I've bought the Elementary Geometry for College Students Fourth Edition by Alexander and Koeberlein, with the Student Study Guide and cd's. I got these all inexpensively with ISBN's from you kind ladies.

But I have a problem. My text has answers to the odd problems in the back, as well as answers to the tests. My soution guide has answers and worked out solutions to only selected odd problems. It also has a wonderful, "interactive Companion" i.e. workbook, but alas no answer key!

So I don't have complete solution guide for the text or any solution guide for the workbook. Unlike the pre-algebra text, the odd problems don't seem to be adequate in the geometry text. Does anyone know anywhere I can get all the answers for this text? How did you manage without all the answers? I'm actually planning to go through this geometry book to re-educate myself on geometry. My husband tutored math at one time in his life, but we simply don't have the time to solve all the even problems in this text ourselves. Any ideas? Help! Azalea

Bumping and moving to the high school board...because I have exactly the same scenario here.

Will we have to order the Complete Solutions Guide from Chalkdust? Is theirs really complete?

I can't seem to find a TM anywhere, except online through Cengage. I'm not sure they would give a homeschooler an account??

I hope there are more answers somewhere, lol, cause my dd LOVES this book and can't wait to get started for real.

Georgia

Edited by Georgia in NC
this really should be on the HS board :)

Bumping and moving to the high school board...because I have exactly the same scenario here.

Will we have to order the Complete Solutions Guide from Chalkdust? Is theirs really complete?

I can't seem to find a TM anywhere, except online through Cengage. I'm not sure they would give a homeschooler an account??

I hope there are more answers somewhere, lol, cause my dd LOVES this book and can't wait to get started for real.

Georgia

Hi Georgia, I've been on the same flight plan as you, even trying Cengage's site. I have ordered the CSG from Chalkdust. I'll let you know when I get it if the CSG will work and the ISBN so that maybe you can find it cheaper. I did find a used addition of the CSG for Algebra, however the postman just delivered it moments ago, so I haven't had time to check if it aligns with the text. More later, Azalea

Hi Georgia, I've been on the same flight plan as you, even trying Cengage's site. I have ordered the CSG from Chalkdust. I'll let you know when I get it if the CSG will work and the ISBN so that maybe you can find it cheaper. I did find a used addition of the CSG for Algebra, however the postman just delivered it moments ago, so I haven't had time to check if it aligns with the text. More later, Azalea

:bigear:

I need to know too. Thanks!

Hi Ladies, sorry it has taken me so long to respond.

I did receive the Complete Solutions Manual from Chalkdust and it matches!!!!!! Well, of course I couldn't possibly check every problem, but I gave it a good going over.

My textbook ISBNs: 13:978-0-618-64525-1, 10:0-618-64525-X

The Chalkdust Geometry Complete Solutions Manual ISBNs: 13:978-0-547-01093-9 and 10:0-547-01093-9

Happy hunting! Azalea