Menu

Help for a 3rd grade boy in History

momgenet

Hi!

My sister is a missionary to China and is homeschooling her typically active 3rd grade boy. She is looking for curriculum for History, namely something with some World History in elem. years.

Now this is tough for her and I am having problems helping her with this. I use living books for history. She can't really do that, as she is not even close to a library and rarely even a post-office. I suggested Sonlight to her, but her son isn't so much a "reader" although they are working on that.

What I think she REALLY NEEDS is a self-contained history text. Yes, I know. But anyway . . . .

Any suggestions on self contained history programs that might actually be interesting to a 3rd grade boy ?

thanks

Story of the World! Then just look up the topic in the Usborne Internet Linked Encyclopedia of World History instead of using living books. I can't imagine that would be harder than a history text. I can't imagine an active boy liking a history text better.

She can get everything in the package (she doesn't really need the extra student sheets), he can do the mapping in the Activity Guide and the tests. She can get the CDs and then she won't have to read it to him.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/store/story-of-the-world-vol-1-combo-pack-1-of-everything-for-volume-1.html