Menu

IEW Starting points X-post k-8

Has anyone used the Starting Points IEW lessons with David Quines Starting Points and if so what did you Like/Dislike about them. I am trying to decide wether or not to use them. I do have TWSS which is needed, but we haven't used it at all yet with this child....It was at least 8 years ago when I used it.

Blessings

Sandra

It helped to keep him on track with the writing assignments and gave him some ideas on how to make his papers better. I would not suggest using it without a basic idea of how IEW works, though. For example, it gives instruction as to which dress ups to add, but does not explain them. If I remember correctly, the ebook was very inexpensive (around $15?) and well worth the price.

HTH.

I agree! My ds used it in ninth grade and it helped him immensely with the writing assignments. He did not like that there was not much instruction in the SP curriculum for writing. This ds needed a few more guidelines for his writing assignments and IEW worked great. We just used the SP text up until time to write and then I would have him use the IEW book. We went back and forth with the books that way all year.