Menu

Those with Kids with the wiggles...

My kiddos are younger, so it may be different. Playdough is definitely helpful for my two sensory kids (both the seeker and the avoider). But the REAL winner is Theraputty. I swear they can sit for ages and play with the stuff! They LOVE to hide things in it - coins, marbles, etc. and then dig it back out. We use the orange, but my kids have some hand strength issue - you may want to go one level stiffer if you get it. The only downside to Theraputty is that it is a pain to get off clothing, so it is an at-the-table only item at our house, and my kiddos are strictly prohibited from stretching it into wispy strings (it stretches like gum).

Other things that help with the fidgets at our house - weighted vests, and we have these bumpy wedge things they sit on.

I've not tried it, but my dh says that when he makes our dd sit on the exercise ball, the lesson goes much better.

MEP lessons work well because the lesson plans incorporate activities, songs and dance.