Menu

MFW High School US History Question

I haven't talked to anyone at the office to know for sure, but just judging from their past production history, and the timing of when they put things on the website, I would say that probably it's in the final pilot stages now and will be ready by next year (spring). So if your dd starts year 3 this fall, year 4 will be ready for her the following year.

I am really considering the US History for my dd next year. However, my biggest issue is the US History part 2 is not available yet. Does anyone know when it might be ready? My dd will be in 11th grade this fall.

Thanks!

Year 4, or US History Part 2 is on display at convention this year, so it's available now.

I was at Memphis convention 10 days ago. They said if someone needed to start it right now, the "preliminary" version is available now. But it will be in final form within a few months and final version will ship in August or maybe a week or two sooner.

-crystal

I just received their latest catalog (2011-2012) and it is in the catalog now -- no pricing but a description. It includes a Bible credit, 1st semester US History 1877-present, economics 2nd semester, geography, and modern literature/speech - one semester each. I also know of families that are piloting it this year.

Yvonne in NE

Year 4, or US History Part 2 is on display at convention this year, so it's available now.

I was at Memphis convention 10 days ago. They said if someone needed to start it right now, the "preliminary" version is available now. But it will be in final form within a few months and final version will ship in August or maybe a week or two sooner.

-crystal

Even better! :thumbup:

Thanks so much! I am leaning towards this now. I really like that it includes government the first year and economics the 2nd year. I am going to look at the Northeast Homeschool Convention. My dd decided she wanted to use the BJU American history so it fits nicely. One quick question though: How are the writing assignments in the year 1 of US history? I want assignments that line up with what SWB recommends in her writing lecture I downloaded.

Thanks for all the help!

Crystal,

Did you by chance see what materials MFW is using for Economics?

It is subject to change based on feedback from pilot families finishing it this year, but Economics in a Box was on display.

I think this is it?

http://www.economicthinking.org/curriculum/EconomicsinaBox/

the videos and some books look familiar. and it included the Penny Candy set too, which is part of that program.

so, that isn't finalized and it could change, but that's what I remember seeing.

-crystal