Menu

Key To series or MM Blue with LOF?

momto2Cs

Actually I am currently using Key to books with LOF for my dd. We are currently working on the Key to Fractions books (almost finished up on those) and the Decimals books (barely started that series) along with LOF Fractions (we will add the Decimals and Percents one later).

I have not used the MM series so I don't know how well it would go along with LOF. It is not too hard to put Key to and LOF together. I don't match up the topics necessarily. I just start with several lessons in the Key To books and then once we master a few topics I start my dd in the LOF Fractions book. So, most likely, once we hit a topic in LOF we have already done it in Key To. It has worked out great, because the LOF series is fun and it reinforces things we have already learned.

Once we finish the Key to Fractions books and LOF Fractions, then we will finish up the rest of the Key to Decimals and Percents books alongside LOF Decimals/Percents in the same manner...doing Key To lessons first then doing a few lessons in LOF.

BTW, I highly recommend the Key To series, cannot recommend it enough. It has simplified math for my dd and she does not like math textbooks, so they are perfect for her. I briefly looked at MM and I might still use some of their geometry books, but comparing Key To and MM I found that I liked the way the problems were presented on the page in Key To. MM seems a bit cluttered which I knew would overwhelm my dd. Also, Key To is really inexpensive for a printed math workbook, I think Rainbow Resource has them for around $3 for each book or around $15 for each set (for fractions and decimals) and $12 for the set for percents.