Menu

If a private school is state accredited, which rules apply?

EagainTA: Thanks Ellie too! I tried to change the title to nevermind, but apparently that isn't possible? A school I had considered here is state accredited as well as regionally accredited. And the comments that prompted me to ask the question both mentioned state accredited schools. But I realize the question is too broad, so I tried changing the title and edited instead of replying so as not to bump the thread.

ETA: Thanks Heather. :)

I saw something about this mentioned on another thread - that if a school is state accredited, attendance rules apply. Are there others? I know in Illinois, a private school may not administer the ILSAT. Are they required to administer other testing? Any other general rules that must be followed? Curious...

Edited by annlaura

I saw something about this mentioned on another thread - that if a school is state accredited, attendance rules apply. Are there others? I know in Illinois, a private school may not administer the ILSAT. Are they required to administer other testing? Any other general rules that must be followed? Curious...

Unfortunately, the question sis too broad. It depends on the state. It depends on whether or not they receive funding from the state...what category of funding, etc.

Unfortunately, the question is too broad. It depends on the state. It depends on whether or not they receive funding from the state...what category of funding, etc.

ETA: Thanks Heather. :)

States don't usually accredit schools. They usually go to one of the regional accrediting agencies. I say "usually," because I don't actually know everything, lol, but still...

Furthermore, *private* schools are not usually accredited by the state, either.

I also agree that your question is too broad. Sorry.