Menu

Chalkdust Math (Pre-Algebra in Particular) for Cheaper

Awhile back, there was a thread that detailed how the Chalkdust Math curriculum is not all proprietary to Chalkdust, and that individual components (even the videos with Dana Mosley) are available to be purchased used, usually at quite a discount. (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73803&highlight=chalkdust)

The thread listed ISBNs for the 4th edition materials. Currently, Chalkdust is using the 5th edition of everything. I wondered if someone who is using the current 5th edition of the PreAlgebra materials would be willing to post the ISBNs. We are looking to purchase all the materials but cannot afford the almost $400 price tag.

(Of course, if you are in the market to sell the 5th edition PreAlgebra materials, please PM me with a price. That would work too.)

Thanks so much!

Thanks, Lisa--looks like a great alternative if you just want to subscribe for a year (maybe with 1 or 2 children?) We have 6, however, and so I think it would be more economically sound to be able to purchase something to keep and reuse. I didn't see any option to buy the videos. It's good to know that Dana Mosley is available in a variety of formats, though ;-)

textbook 9780618956883

solutions 9780618966738

DVDs 9780618966660

You don't need the annotated teachers edition if you purchase from the company ($225 with shipping for all of the above) if you call and sign a homeschool statement Cengage Learning (CengageBrain) will grant you access to all the teacher materials and the students have a seperate login for their own practice. :)