Menu

SWR users?

thowell

I posted this on the yahoo group but it sometimes takes awhile for an answer so, dd10 just took her diagnostic test. She tested into list W. At the beginning of the year she places into list O. Should we continue from list W or should we move to another program. I have been wanting to add in more dictation. I was looking at trying Spelling Wisdom and Megawords. What do you all think would be a good direction to go?

I think backing up to one list will give you a good feel if she really is ready to move out of spelling. If she struggles a bit, you can adjust the lists. If she finishes the book, you can be confident she has a good strong grasp of spelling. Awesome!

I'm not familiar with Megawords. Is it a roots study or more of a vocabulary program? I would just make sure that whatever you use that it has a focus on Latin and Greek roots. I've heard good things about Vocabulary from Classical Roots. We're just not there yet...