Menu

Latin Prep Scheduling question

WTMindy

Is there somewhere that I can view a Table of Contents for LP 1? Are there any schedules out there of how people have scheduled it? I'm trying to get a bit of an overview plan for next year and since I haven't actually seen LP yet, I don't know how it works.

LP1 has 10 chapters and we do an exercise a day, five days a week plus vocabulary review once or twice a week. Some chapters have as many as 17 exercises and others have as little as 9.

hth's

Thanks, Jenny! DO you know of any place that lists how many exercise are in each chapter? I'm trying to break down the lessons for the whole year. Maybe this has been done on Laura's Yahoo group, which I just joined, but haven't been "accepted" yet. :001_smile:

Everything is nice and bit size. One exercise per day is very doable. It takes us usually takes us around 30 minutes....give and take. Some exercises are very simple and some a little more complex. The stories are usually broken down into 2 days for ds.

There are 10 chapters with each chapter having a range of exercises from 9 to 18. Chapter 10 is all stories. It should take you no more than a year. My children also review vocabulary at least twice a week for 10-15 minutes. This is done on their own time. For my children, LP uses the vocabulary so often that it really sticks after a few exercises.

HTHs,

Thanks, Jenny! DO you know of any place that lists how many exercise are in each chapter? I'm trying to break down the lessons for the whole year. Maybe this has been done on Laura's Yahoo group, which I just joined, but haven't been "accepted" yet. :001_smile:

I've PM'd you!

Sorry for my reply. Jenny already took care of that. I am having internet issues and I could not see if anyone had replied to you.

There is no place I know of that lists how many exercises in each chapter.

Chapter 1 has 9

Chapter 2 has 16

Chapter 3 has 15

Chpater 4 has 17

Chapter 5 has 13

Chapter 6 has 18

Chapter 7 has 11

Chapter 8 has 13

Chapter 9 has 9

Chapter 10 has 12

BUT, I would not schedule one per day. There are some that can be done 2 a day and some that will take two or even three days for one exercises. This is really a do the next thing kind of book. Even then you may need to go back if some things have not stuck in the brain so well as others. You will quickly get lost if you move on without mastery.

HTHs,

Sorry for my reply. Jenny already took care of that. I am having internet issues and I could not see if anyone had replied to you.

There is no place I know of that lists how many exercises in each chapter.

Chapter 1 has 9

Chapter 2 has 16

Chapter 3 has 15

Chpater 4 has 17

Chapter 5 has 13

Chapter 6 has 18

Chapter 7 has 11

Chapter 8 has 13

Chapter 9 has 9

Chapter 10 has 12

BUT, I would not schedule one per day. There are some that can be done 2 a day and some that will take two or even three days for one exercises. This is really a do the next thing kind of book. Even then you may need to go back if some things have not stuck in the brain so well as others. You will quickly get lost if you move on without mastery.

HTHs,

Thanks, this is great.