Menu

Has anyone just bought the IG for P4/5

cseitter

I have the older IG but going by that I think it would be hard. You'd definitely need the Bible, Lionteller Storybook, Little Golden Book Collection, and Usborne Things People Do as those are used multiple weeks. Also the Developing the Early Learner books. My IG is from 2004 or 2005 and it looks like the book selection has changed quite a bit.

I own Core P4/5 as well. There are several books there that (I think) have been reprinted specifically for Sonlight.

Maybe if you tried some of the Homeshooling resale boards? Sometimes there are a few at the used curriculum sale at our homeschooling convention.

HTH a little!

Monica

If your library has most of the books, I say go for it! We are using it now. I bought most of the books from the history and read-aloud portions as well as the Berenstain Bears science book because they were used over multiple weeks. I am glad I did because all of my kids love reading them over and over again.

The DEL books I will not purchase for my next dd because it looks like Rod and Staff covers the same topics (plus some extras) in books that are much less expensive.

The good thing about ordering from Sonlight is the return policy!!!!

I've tried to do that this year but I find it hard to do with they way the books are scheduled. A lot of the books are used throughout the year. Sometimes you will read some in one book and then not go back to it again for several weeks. Some of the books we have bought because I think they are a good investment for the next few years. My library has a good amount of them, but it's annoying to have to keep renewing them.