Menu

Female issues-Probably TMI

I have very painful periods that seem to get worse with age. The cramps and aches are now starting a week before my actual cycle starts. I have been to the Gyno and he just writes me a prescription for pain meds. I can't be drugged for 2 weeks out of the month. I have had test done and nothing is showing up as being wrong and frankly I think the doc may assume I am just whining. I am in terrible pain. Please tell me there is a natural remedy that I have missed! At this point I don't know what to do.

See another gyn - did he do an ultrasound to check for fibroids, cysts, etc. Entrometriotis (no I can not spell it). Sounds like a quality of life issue - nothing life-threatening, but still something may be fixable. (I had a fibroid the size of a softball removed years ago.)

Could a second person review the tests? Errors happen (I had our pediatrician concerned one of my kid's innards had switched as the x-ray result he got for scoliosis also showed my kid's organs on the wrong side - doc. wanted to do a second x-ray but I said no - odds were more likely the technician had the xray scan flipped over when they read it! I was sure the kid had not gone 15 years with the same pediatrician checking his heart, liver, etc. yearly without misplaced innards being undiagnosed for so long. I was right.)

I would check out www.doctormurray.com. I use Natural Factors products, there is one called Estrosense that helps regulate hormones/periods. I love their products. I don't have painful periods but have had a lot of stomach issues and his products (recommendations) have helped tremendously.

HTH

Kim

Edited by Blessed with seven

I used to have major problems like this. Endometriosis and ovariancysts were eventually diagnosed. I had to have emergency surgery for the cysts. Afterwards, I discovered that I was fine as long as I avoided caffine (even chocolate, yes I know but you eventually get used to carob) and all animal products produced by industrial agriculture. I can eat fish and shellfish freely, even farmed fish. I can also eat organic products freely. Except organic chocolate I have not tried it and after the withdrawel I went through after quitting chocolate I am too scared to try.