Menu

Follow up on job application

I submitted an on-line application for a part time job, and got an auto-reply "thank-you-for-applying" type email with a general "admin@companyname.com" reply address listed in the body of the email.

I would like to follow up on the application, but it has been so long since I was in the job market, I am not real sure the etiquette regarding online application forms. Would you send a reply to the admin email? What should I say?

Like I said, it's been a while, but we *really* need for me to be able to contribute some to the family financially, plus I would really love this job in particular.

Thanks for any advice!

The admin email address was listed in the body of the email "if you need to contact us about this application". The email itself came from a different one.

The position is for a job at a local hospital, but it is a service the hospital contracts out to an outside company. The only information on the company website is for their headquarters in another state. I am trying to find a local contact but haven't been able to yet.

Would you be working for the outside contractor or the hospital. If the hospital would be hiring you I would call and ask to speak to someone in the human resources dept, than tell them that you had put in an online application and wanted to see if they had started the interview process yet. Tell them you're very interested in the job and why.

I'm applying at hospitals now too, the ones that I've gotten interviews at where the ones that I was able to actually talk to nurse recruiter.

My husband has been underemployed for some time now. If he applies for a local job, I make him call or stop by just to introduce himself and ask when he can set up an interview. With the number of applications every open position receives, you have to be assertive, and you have to stand out to even have a chance.

I would be working for the outside company, not the hospital. I don't think that there is even anyone on sight at the hospital that would be in a "management" type position for this contractor.

I will keep trying to track down a personal contact. Like some of you are saying, I probably need something to help set mine apart from the other applications.

Thanks!