Menu

Ancient Civilizations and the Bible.. any thoughts???

rafgaf4

I love the looks of this history curriculumm. I have read the samples and reviews and also visited Diana Waring's website. However, I would love to hear the thought of those who have used this curriculum in the hive. My main question is "Can it really be used for elementary kiddos?" I know they offer an Elementary Activity guide for the younger ones, but has anyone successfully used this with younger and older students. My boys are in 1st, 4th, and 6th grade. I can't wait to hear what some of the experiences have been using this curriculum.

I absolutely LOVE Diana Waring and her curriculum! That being said, I think it is a better fit for the middle through high school aged student. I used this a few years ago when mine were younger (I had one in middle I believe) and my little guys had trouble following the lessons. My older, middle age child didn't have a problem at all. We all enjoyed listening to the CDs though and I, personally, learned a TON! I can't wait to use HOD's RtR next year b/c it schedules her CDs in the curriculum. If you are getting this to use with your 6th grader, I think it would be perfect. The younger ones could just listen in and pick up what they can. Mine did enjoy the Activity Guide. But, that being said, I think the curriculum is written for the 6th grader and older. HTH.

I absolutely LOVE Diana Waring and her curriculum! That being said, I think it is a better fit for the middle through high school aged student. I used this a few years ago when mine were younger (I had one in middle I believe) and my little guys had trouble following the lessons. My older, middle age child didn't have a problem at all. We all enjoyed listening to the CDs though and I, personally, learned a TON! I can't wait to use HOD's RtR next year b/c it schedules her CDs in the curriculum. If you are getting this to use with your 6th grader, I think it would be perfect. The younger ones could just listen in and pick up what they can. Mine did enjoy the Activity Guide. But, that being said, I think the curriculum is written for the 6th grader and older. HTH.

:iagree:Had a very similar experience with my young elementary sons. Great curriculum, but best for older kiddos.