Menu

AAS or dynamic literacy?

Tylianna

I know these are not comparable products! I only want to shell out money for one of these, and I am trying to decide. I don't have a formal vocabulary program for my olders, but I also don't have a formal spelling program for my younger. She is currently working through OPGTR, and I do have some spelling programs that I can use, or fix one up for her from online. But, I like how AAS is also a type of reading program, from what I have read on the reviews.

I also like the IDEA of dynamic literacy, but I dont know how practical it is. I do have a coupon code for it to be 25% off, but it is still pricey!

My olders use sequential spelling and my younger is going to use wordly wise, so I am just looking for the other programs for them.

I'm sorry, we don't have any coupon codes. *The author tries to keep things priced as inexpensively as she can. *We do generally discount new items by 20% the first week they are offered. *I see that you are on our newsletter list, so you will get notifications when that happens. *The next product we will be releasing is the All About Reading Pre-1 Level, near the end of February. *

I asked about a coupon code, but got this :(

But, I guess there is a new program coming out!

I can not speak for Dynamic Literature But I BELIEVE AAS has improved my daughters grasp of the English language tenfold. She reads me a chapter from AAR every night. Amazing program! She enjoys playing with the letter tiles. It's been a wonderful experience for us.

I would definitely go with the AAS. AAS is such a rich addition to a language arts program and it can help with reading. I haven't used Dynamic Literacy, but have thought about buying it. If money were no object, I probably would :001_smile: There are a lot of other free ways to do vocabulary. Use reading from other subjects to discuss meaning and context. Have a word of the day that you pick. Discuss it. Everyone try to use it in a sentence. Use the definition as copywork. Find free stuff online. Do a search for vocabulary exercises.

AAS is a core need and teaches a specific set of skills, while DL is an enrichment that can be accomplished in other ways in my opinion.

Joy